Saturday, July 3, 2010

Revamp

Trying a new style out. Just going with whatever's on my mind, as it comes rather than trying to mull over ideas that are a number of years old, that even I barely understand anymore. I've changed the name from "Gray Force" (it just doesn't suit my mind anymore; also found a completely unrelated "Grey Force" blog) to a slightly more strange "Hormetic Minds" I'll let people try to figure out what that means, but the obvious clue is in the name--> See "Hormesis". Sure, its a medical term that has no contextual bearing on something as grand as a mind, but I like inventing new meanings to good words (rather than inventing an arbitrary and unnecessary words to be filed into the "synonym" bin).

In any case, I've also changed my pseudonym from "Last Of The Gray". I never liked it that much.It was too silly, pretentious, and I don't feel it suits me either. I changed it to a term I sort of invented, called "Chaorder Gradient". I like it because it is near impossible to imagine such a thing as a gradient from order to chaos, but at the same time I feel it could be represent a human, or a society, or anything else complicated enough to holster a form of intelligence. Does a man support chaos, or does a man support order, one school of thought will teach you that humans are a constant pressure towards order, and move to another place, maybe even a block down the street and you get someone preaching that natural humans press on towards chaos. Following either school of thought will cause implications on a person in the long term, but thats a bit too much to talk about. I prefer to stand firm in the stance of neither. Furthermore, we are neither good nor evil, neither left nor right, and neither  transcendent nor base, by nature. But the fact of the matter, people do hold these qualities, they exist along the whole fabric that is our society. Finding them is the trick though.

No comments: